Yellow Creek State Park hosts our first annual SwimRun event! This event will consist of a "mock Otillo" style race, where participants run and swim in multiple alternating sections along a lake and trail course layout. This means that you'll be carrying all of your run and swim gear with you for the entire race! Some course details will stay under wraps until the day of the race, but essentially the course will alternate between swimming and running multiple times, with distances totaling approximately 1 mile of water and 5 miles of land for the short course, and 2 miles of water with 10 miles of land for the long course. Think of it as a combination trail run and open water swim. Racers can participate as solo racers or two person teams. If you are registering as a traditional two person team, please register as individuals and notify us of your team name and the names of both participants. Landsharks welcome!
1. Running shoes - and a method of attaching your shoes to yourself for the swim sections. Remember, your shoes will be WET so consider this in your choice of footwear!
2. Swim gear - as you deem appropriate. Personal flotation devices (PFD's) will be allowed, however must be worn or carried for the duration of the event.
TEAM REGISTRANTS: If you are registering as a traditional two person team, please register as individuals and notify us of your team name and the names of both participants.
Short Course - $100
Long Course - $200
The price of your registration includes:
- Food and aid stations along the course
- Participant shirt
- Timing and results service
- Post race recovery meal
- Participant swim cap
- Waterproof race map
- Prizes for top 3 finishers in each class
- Bragging rights after acheiving true LandShark status!